Wireless Trends #2 - Online Collaboration and Interaction
I've just had a brief chat online with a colleague, Fazli. Coincidentally he was also experimenting with blogging and J2ME, but on the J2ME portion, he's much further ahead than me in my poor attempts to even download Java 2 Standard Edition. I had spent a couple of hours after work to finally resolve my installation problems, though I still had no idea what was wrong, eventually after a few trials of reinstalling it worked.
Online collaboration and interaction is another interesting advent of the wireless world. As we are able to move along with more freedom from wireless and connectivity everywhere to the internet, we are able to interact much better with our friends, acquantances and other unknown people for information sharing and opinions. I am an advocate for Yahoo, and recently due to reinstallation of notebook, am hooked back to MSN Messanger.
Let me tell you how pervasive this technology is if you do not know already:
1) Buddy lists - I have almost 100 people on my buddy list in Yahoo, comprising of mostly colleagues, ex-colleagues, friends whom I've communicated online with over the years. Imagine I am able to connect and discuss technical things or catch up with people I've worked with whom I've not seen for a long while, whereas 8 years or so ago, the technology and connectivity was not so established that we had to call a land line, amidst expensive phone charges.
2) Gaming - Though slightly undeveloped, I've recently checked out MSN's gaming features - it is slightly underdeveloped and the games are lousy, but it does generate an interest of interactivity. Not sure how Yahoo has been faring, but in the olden days I remember inviting a friend to meet up at a chess room for a game, when we were half-way across the globe.
3) Sharing - Due to our inate busybody and like to know attitude, you can keep up with your friend's latest status, photos or other status' if he or she posts it online. What other more pervasive means of sharing than to not directly share, but control what you would like people to see. Naturally be prepared for some conversation online about your status should you decide to post it. Some have posted links to share their photos when its out.
I could go on forever, but only a true user will understand the power of interactivity online. Welcome to the pervasive world!
Oh yeah, I've also invited Fazli to collaborate on this blog in the future, his style and posts will be more brief and cool (yeah, I'm setting the bar, Fazli!)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home